Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

God of the Impossible!!


“Why would you waste your life doing great things for God when He invites you to do the impossible?”

To do the impossible you have to get your eyes off the circumstances. Circumstances will paralyze you from doing the impossible.”

Circumstances:
1. I signed up for a photojournalism trip to New Zealand with IPS. I had prayed about it and God had given me the okay as well as provided the money needed for the deposit. The deposit was paid so there is no turning back now or I would lose that money.

2. Now this trip to NZ costs a lot of money...like a lot!!! I don't have that kind of money just lying around so I needed to earn money. But to earn money you kinda have to have a job. I had one job that was every other week. It was a good job with good pay, but not enough hours. I needed more work!

3. I tried finding a job with no success. Well, actually that's not exactly true. I got two house cleaning jobs which I was thankful for. However, this was a biweekly or once a week jobs. Once a week jobs are not going to get me to NZ!! 

4. I was working with a ministry called Commit. They work with girls 12-15 years old, just the age group I love working with. They were doing a conference in Nashville, TN and I wanted to go and minister to those girls. But there was a little problem. I had to pay my expenses for traveling, food and lodging. Wait a minute! I can't spend money!I am saving for NZ! Right?

All these quotes and circumstances are swirling through my mind and heart one Saturday morning when my dad returned from a men's breakfast at my church and started sharing what he had heard from the speaker. The speaker had been sharing his life verse and how God had used it in his life. His life verse was Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you." He shared that when he put God and ministry first, God provided for the other things he needed. It was a great challenge for me! I decided I would go to Nashville, spend the money to get there and leave NZ in God's hands.

The week before was full of struggles. Struggles to get my eyes off my circumstances and turn them on my God. However, as I prepared to leave for Nashville I made a discovery that open my eyes. With my few jobs, I had earned the money I needed for Nashville. I realized what God was doing! He was providing for the needs I had right now and asking me to trust Him with the needs down the road. I was so excited at this discovery! I could indeed trust my God! He did indeed know what He was doing! I had no idea, but that was just the beginning!!

The Saturday I left for Nashville, my grandfather came to visit us! One of the first things he did was pass out birthday money to all of us. He gave me $50.00!! I was so shocked and so excited! God had just provided money that would cover my food expenses at Nashville! I was in awe of God's ways. But that wasn't even the end of it!!

I took a train Saturday afternoon to Oklahoma to meet up with some friends and drive to Nashville with them. On that train I meet a brother in Christ, a pastor heading home. He saw that I was reading C.S Lewis and he asked me what I thought about it. We talked about Lewis, the conference I was going to and much more! He told me about his children, grandchildren, his church, the youth ministry and lots more. I told him about my photography business and my trip to New Zealand. We probably talked half the train trip.

When we were almost to my train station, the pastor gave me his card and asked me to pray for him. He also gave me a $100.00 bill and said, "My wife and I want to give this to you for your New Zealand trip." Wow!! This was absolutely incredible!! God blessed me again in the most amazing way! Guys, I didn't spend any of my own money during the conference in Nashville. God had provided it all! I now know that I am going to New Zealand. I don't know all of the how, but I know my God will provide,.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord." Isaiah 55:8

P.S. It has been three days since I have returned from Nashville and God has continued to provide for NZ. I will try to keep you updated on what God has and is doing. For example, I now have jobs coming out of my ears!! Now the trouble is keeping all of them straight!! Isn't God good? Does He not still do miracles?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so neat! I needed to hear that! :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing Carissa! What a neat testimony to hear how God is walking you through the impossible. Interesting side-note.. you have inspired me to start writing my own stories down of God has been at work. We should be actively recording our own personal history, so that future generations can have a written testimony of what God has done!!! The purpose if history is to keep record of the acts of God, and thank-you my friend for inspiring me to keep my history =)

    Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. With God all things are possible, we just have to believe and have faith. That was really encouraging! Love you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is awesome, Carissa! I am so excited for you and what God is doing in your life!! Praise Him from whom all blessings flow! This is so encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! This makes me so, so happy, Carissa! :D Keep letting God do the impossible! Reminds me of a song that's been running through my head lately. "The waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me. Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed. And the waves they keep on telling me time and time again, '(girl) you'll never win. you'll never win.' But the voice of Truth tells me a different story. And the voice of Truth says 'Do not be afraid'. And the voice of Truth says 'This is for My glory.' And out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and obey the voice of Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad, Carissa! Isn't God wonderful like that? : ) Next time I see you I have a story for you too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. May God lead and bless you on your journey to being closer to Him. May others be blessed and many come to know Him and the intimacy He gives to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Love, Joanna Parham

    ReplyDelete