Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Few Thoughts...Finally!

I know, I know, I know, it's been waaayyy too long since I've blogged. Well, what can I say in my defense? Not much. I can claim having a busy life...but isn't that always the case? I can say that I've been traveling and that things have popped into my life unexpected...but that always happens. Life never goes as you think it should. I could say that I've started my own business and now have a business blog...but that still isn't a personal blog. In fact, all the excuses that I could use, would only be motivations to blogging more, because I can share what God has done through it all. I'm going to try to blog more often and tell you what God has been teaching me.

God has been at work since the last time I've blogged. I am now a photographer with my own business, blog, clients, etc. It is God who brought me into this art. He provided the money with which I could go to the training, and a camera. I love it! I get to work with people, get to capture personalities and the beauty God has given each one of us. It's been a blast! Check out my photography blog, onceuponatimephotos.blogspot.com

Now for the actual thoughts that got me posting today. Have you ever had life get away from you so much so that you find yourself not have that special time with God that you know is so important? I have and recently too. Until the beginning of Christmas break, I had been so busy that I had not taken time to be with God and do my part in our relationship. Life felt a lot harder, because I was living by the flesh, instead of the Spirit.

Since around Christmas time, I've been making it a point to have nice long quiet times with God...Reading the Bible, praying, writing in my journal prayers to God and lessons I've learning and memorizing. It's been amazing to see how my attitude has changed. The problems in my life don't seem so big anymore. I've been able to finally give things in my life back to God and trust Him more fully.

My quiet times have been one of the things I've enjoyed the most during this Christmas break. It has shown me just how important that morning quiet time really is. It prepares me for whatever lies ahead that day. It gets my perspective where it should be...on God.

What about you? How important is your quiet time? Is your quiet time just so you can check it off your list? Or do you want to grow in your relationship with God?

In Christ,
Carissa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carissa, this is Hannah Cate! My mom found your blog via. facebook and showed it to me! It is really cute. I understand getting behind on posting in a blog. I have one, and I have a hard time with consistency!! Do you have a gmail account? Mine is kunminghannah@gmail.com

    it was so neat to see you, please tell Hannah "Hi!" for me, thank you!
    Hannah Cate

    ReplyDelete